Students who are searching for information about the NUMS Entry Test 2021 and willing to secure admission in Medical and Dental Colleges affiliated with NUMS (National University of Medical Sciences).
The purpose of this article is to help students by providing all information about NUMS University, Introduction, Test Schedule, Weightage Formula for Admission, Syllabus of NUMS, Constituent Institutes, NUMS Panel Institutes, Programs Offered, NUMS test Pattern, Eligibility Criteria, How to Apply, Admission procedure, AMC Fee Structure, Self-scoring system (SSC), Important Instructions, Closing Merit List 2021.
- 1 NUMS Entry Test
- 2 Eligibility Criteria
- 3 Weightage of NUMS-MDCAT
- 4 How to Apply For NUMS Entry Test?
- 5 Test Format
- 6 NUMS Syllabus
- 7 Marks Division
- 8 Test Centers
- 9 How to Calculate NUMS Aggregate?
- 10 NTS NUMS-MDCAT
- 11 NUMS Entry Test Registration Date & Schedule
- 12 Courses Offered by NUMS
- 13 NUMS Affiliated Medical Colleges
- 14 Public Sector College
- 15 Private Sector College
- 16 Private Sector Dental Colleges
- 17 NUMS Fee Structure
- 18 Public Sector College Fee Structure
- 19 For Private Sector College
- 20 NUMS Entry Test Preparation Guide
- 21 Books for Nums Test Preparation (Best Way in Short Time)
- 22 NUMS Result
- 23 NTS NUMS Roll No Slip
NUMS Entry Test
NUMS Entry Test is the initial step of admission in NUMS affiliated colleges. In 2016, NUMS introduced an entry test under which all admissions to Army Medical College will be conducted.
The first test was held on August 7, 2016, And the second test was held on September 18. The first test was before MDCAT, and the second was after MDCAT. Last year’s NUMS entry test took place on November 18. This entry test is necessary for enrolling in public or private sector medical colleges.
Read:- Join Pak Navy as PN Cadet
Before registering yourself for NUMS, have a look at the eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria for the NUMS MDCAT 2021 test given below:
- Students from A-Levels and FSC pre-medical can apply in NUMS MDCAT. He should have a minimum of 70% obtained marks. One who have passed any other examination, from some foreign university body with the subjects of Biology, Chemistry and English
- Result Awaiting Students can also apply.
- O/A Level Students can apply too. IBBC certificate is compulsory for O/A Level Students
- Additional 20 Marks will be awarded to one who has done Hafiz e Quran only if He or She passes the Hafiz Quran Test, Conducted by the Admission Board National University of Medical Sciences.
Students who get good marks have the opportunity of gaining admission. The nums seats are limited in number.
Read:- ISSB Test
Weightage of NUMS-MDCAT
As per the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council or PMDC, the weightage of marks is 50-50. So, the candidates applying for the courses of PMDC must have marks of the weightage as:
- F.Sc Pre Medical/HSSC/Equivalent 50%
- Entry Test 50%
How to Apply For NUMS Entry Test?
It is easy to apply for the NUMS entry test. Candidates may NUMS Facebook profile and then apply from there. One can register himself via NUMS Portal.
For the preparation of NUMS entry test, the test pattern is:
- The minimum marks required are 120/200 which is 60%
- The timings allowed for the test is 180 minutes
- There are no negative markings
- The test contains MCQs is of one mark
- There are different colors of question paper
Every applicant should prepare NUMS Mcqs according to NUMS Latest Syllabus 2020. The complete NUMS syllabus divided subject-wise. The syllabus further divided into a few units and essential topics as given in the syllabus. According to NUMS’s spokesperson, NUMS Syllabus will be the same as the previous one. There are no significant changes in the syllabus and outline. So, applicants may follow the previous NTS NUMS Syllabus.
A complete list along with subjects marking mentioned below:
- Biology 80
- Chemistry 60
- Physics 40
- English 20
The subject wise marking of the test mentioned above Time for attempting the test is 3 hours.
NUMS announced the reconduct of the entry test. Some of the candidates from all across Pakistan look for NUMS locations. Test conducts in the below-mentioned test centres:
- Dera Ismail Khan
Read:- PMA Long Course
How to Calculate NUMS Aggregate?
Every candidate needs the correct aggregate calculator for NUMS. All of their progress becomes valuable with the results of the formula. Follow these steps to calculate NUMS aggregate:
- Marks obtained in FSc (pre-medical)/Equivalent x 1100 x 0.50 = 50% of FSc (pre-medical)/Equivalent Total Marks of HSSC/Equivalent
- Marks obtained in Entry test 2000 x 0.50 = 50% of NUMS-MDCAT
The above-stated method helps candidates to calculate their aggregate by themselves.
NTS conducts NUMS entry tests across Pakistan. The test starts and ends at the same time in all centres. Students who just got free from their exams can prepare for it. It is the step that leads you to your dream medical field. NUMS website may provide complete information about NTS NUMS-MDCAT.
NUMS Entry Test Registration Date & Schedule
The Entry Test for NUMS in 2021 dates announced now. NUMS online registration is now open for all students awaiting. According to the NTS NUMS, the entry test date is 11th October 2021. The last Date of NUMS entry test registration and submission of the NUMS entry test registration form is 29 July 2021. Participants were allowed to register for NUMS NTS from 26 July till 11th September 2021.
Read:- Join Pak Navy
Courses Offered by NUMS
NUMS offers different undergraduate courses. Candidates can prepare themselves for the courses mentioned below:
- Allied Health Sciences
NUMS Affiliated Medical Colleges
There are many universities where candidates want to enrol; one of them is NUMS university. The students look forward to a bright future. The right institution is the choice of everyone. So, they keep on applying for admission. Some of them take tests to enrol in the affiliated colleges and institutions of a particular university. There is a list of colleges under NUMS. Some of them are public, whereas a few of them are private. Both public and private sector colleges with names given below:
Public Sector College
The Public sector medical colleges affiliated with NUMS are:
- Army Medical College, Rawalpindi
There are a total of 100 seats for MBBS in Federal Medical and Dental college. The Army medical college offers both Medical and dental courses.
Private Sector College
A list of medical colleges affiliated with the NUMS (National University of Medical Sciences) mentioned below:
- Wah Medical College (WMC), Wah Cant
- CMH Lahore Medical And Dental College
- Fazaia Medical College, Islamabad
- Fazaia Ruth Pfau Medical College (FRPMC), Karachi
- CMH Kharian Medical College, Kharian Cantonment
- HITEC Institute of Medical Sciences, Taxila
- Foundation University Medical College, Islamabad
- CMH Multan Institute Of Medical Sciences
- Bahria University Medical And Dental College, Karachi
- Quetta Institute of Medical Sciences
- CMH Institute of Medical Sciences, Bahawalpur
- Karachi Institute Of Medical Sciences, CMH Malir
The list mentioned above of medical colleges under nums provides an opportunity for students to enrol in either private or public college.
Private Sector Dental Colleges
- Foundation University College of Dentistry & Hospital, Islamabad
- CMH Lahore Medical And Dental College
- HITEC Institute of Medical Sciences
- Bahria University Medical and Dental College
NUMS Fee Structure
NUMS fee structure for MBBS divided into two main groups. These given as:
- Public Sector Colleges
- Private Sector Colleges
Public Sector College Fee Structure
There are two public sector colleges, which are affiliated with nums. Both of them listed below:
- Army Medical Colleges, Rawalpindi
Army Medical College Fee Structure
The army medical college does not charge a fee. Every Medical cadet enrolled in AMC gets a 30,000 scholarship every month. The structure for paying to cadets is 180,000Pkr yearly.
Read:- Join Pak Army
For Private Sector College
The fee structure for NUMS affiliated private medical college listed below:
|Institutes||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year||5th Year||Total Fee|
|CMH Institute of Medical Sciences, Bahawalpur||1,000,000||950,000||950,000||950,000||950,000||4,800,000|
|Fazaia Medical College, Islamabad||1,161,000||1,102,500||1,157,625||1,215,506||1,296,281||5,932,912|
|Fazaia Ruth Pfau Medical College (FRPMC), Karachi||1,161,000||1,102,500||1,157,625||1,215,506||1,296,281||5,932,912|
|CMH Lahore Medical And Dental College||1,603,000||1,487,000||1,547,000||1,607,000||1,667,000||7,911,000|
|Wah Medical College (WMC), Wah Cant||950,000||1,045,000||1,149,500||1,264,451||1,390,896||5,799,847|
|CMH Kharian Medical College, Kharian Cantonment||1,103,500||1,088,500||1,138,500||1,188,500||1,213,850||5,732,850|
|HITEC Institute of Medical Sciences, Taxila||1,088,000||1,055,000||1,097,000||1,141,000||1,187,405||5,568,505|
|Foundation University Medical College, Islamabad||1,076,000||1,039,500||1,091,475||1,146,049||1,203,351||5,556,375|
|CMH Multan Institute Of Medical Sciences||1,095,000||1,047,500||1,047,500||1,047,500||1,047,500||5,285,000|
|Bahria University Medical And Dental College, Karachi||1,062,620||992,620||992,620||992,620||1,002,620||5,043,100|
|Quetta Institute of Medical Sciences||870,810||788,310||788,310||788,310||788,310||4,024,050|
|Karachi Institute Of Medical Sciences, CMH Malir||1,057,472||924,472||924,472||924,472||924,472||4,755,360|
Students are required to submit necessary documents to the medical colleges for their admission. The following documents are required for admission:
- Income or wealth statement of the guardians or parents, Equivalent to the tuition fee of the complete course.
- Income tax returns
- Insurance certificate
Read:- Technical Cadet Course
NUMS Entry Test Preparation Guide
Nums entry test is crucial for all candidates registered. We are sharing a guide for the preparation of the test. Every year more than 30,000 candidates appear for the NUMS entry test. The passing ratio of those candidates is 5%. The smart guide for NUMS entry test preparation given as:
- A significant portion of a test comes from Biology. There are 70 MCQs, out of a total of 180 are from biology. Do the best preparation of Biology, as it plays a major role. Read Biology Book by National Book Foundation and books suggested by the Punjab textbook board.
- The questions in the test based on general chemistry concepts. Please follow the nums syllabus. Nums Booklet is best for practice. You must have a firm grip on basic concepts for passing the test. Forty-five questions come from chemistry.
- The physics portion consists of 45 questions in the NUMS entry test. It is a tough portion as compared to Biology and Chemistry. The test questions are divided into theoretical and numerical forms. For preparation go through your syllabus textbooks, and practice questions are given in nums booklet.
- Prepare English questions by practicing them from the given syllabus. Must have a strong grip on grammar and tenses.
Books for Nums Test Preparation (Best Way in Short Time)
As every student preparing for the NUMS entry test. They all need sources for the NUMS Entry Test 2021 preparation. Below mentioned books and the content will help in preparation:
- Nums Past papers
- National Foundation Books
- Nums Preparation Booklet
- Handmade Notes
Most of the time, NUMS MDCAT has material from past papers of NUMS. So, students must consider them too.
The nums entry test result date will be announced after a few days. Every year thousands of the participants take the NUMS entry test. Only a few of them become successful in securing admission in NUMS.
NTS NUMS Roll No Slip
Applicants can get their NUMS to roll number slip from the website https://numspak.edu.pk/. They can get it by the login.