In this Article details about AFNS Admission 2024, all the processes, eligibility criteria and the selection process to Join Pak Army as Armed Forces Nursing Services (AFNS). As there are many posts which are applicable only for the males, the Pakistani Army has made the program which is only valid for the females. The females from all over Pakistan can do free nursing program after selecting. They also get the stipends, and they also join the Pak Army as a lieutenant. This program announces for once in a year during the months of July and August. is as follows:
Armed Forces Nursing Services Requirements
The required education for the females to Join Pak Army as Armed Forces Nursing Services (AFNS) are as follows:
- The student must have a matric degree in science subjects with a minimum of 60% marks.
- If the student has the FSc Pre Medical degree, then she must have to score at least 50%.
- The trained female nurses can also Join Pak
- and get the position as lieutenant. They must have to complete the program of nursing diploma and midwifery, education of BSc Generic Nursing and Post (RN) BSc Nursing.
- The female students who have passed the FSc Part-1, and waiting for the result of Part-11, or even if they have to give the examinations of Part-11 can also apply for the post of Armed Forces Nursing Services (AFNS) in Pak Army. They only need to get the HOPE certificate from the Head of Institute (HOD) with his/ her signature, and the result of 1st year with 50% minimum marks. The final result must submit after the declaration of 2nd-year result.
- The trained nurses must be registered from the Pakistan Nursing Council (PNC).
- Those trained nurses will be preferred who have done the post basic specialized courses from the PNC recognized hospitals or institutes such as ICT, CCU, OT etc.
Only females are eligible to Join Pak Army as Armed Forces Nursing Services (AFNS). There are no seats for males.
The management of Pak army has set some standards, which basis the females can be selected to Join Pak Army. Only the females who will fulfil this criterion will get admission in Pak Army. The eligibility criteria to become Armed Forces Nursing Services (AFNS) is as follows:
- The unmarried, separated, widow or divorcee female who is without encumbrances are eligible to apply. While the marital status of trained nurses is both acceptable i.e. married and unmarried.
- The age of the untrained candidates can be within the range of 17-25, while the age requirement of trained nurses is 18-28.
- The student must have the Pakistani Nationality. The domicile holders of Gilgit Baltistan and Azad Kashmir are also eligible. The person who has dual nationalities must have to surrender the other nationalities than Pakistani to Join Pak Army.
- The height of the candidate must be 5 feet.
- The weight must be according to the body mass index.
Read:- Lady Cadet Course
In order to give the leverages to the students, the management has offered students that they can apply to Join Pak Army as Armed Forces Nursing Services (AFNS) by both means i.e. online and offline. As there are many students who have the willingness, but not enough resources of internet or information to apply. The details are as follows:
- The candidates can apply online. You can apply directly by visiting the link www.joinpakarmy.gov.pk The candidate must have the e-mail account and all the details such as test dates, roll number, fee method and schedule will appear on their emails.
- If you have no access to the internet, then you can also apply online. For this purpose, you need to visit the nearest recruitment centres (RC) or army selection (AS) centre. You must need to take all the required previous educational documents, CNIC (CNIC of father or mother if you are less than 18 years), B-form, Birth Certificate, 6 coloured attested photos by Gazette Officer. They will get the roll number slips from here.
- The candidates must have the knowledge of using the computer as the initial test will be held online.
In order to maintain the selection process easy and authentic, the management of the Army has also set the criteria for the people who are ineligible to Join Pak Army as Armed Forces Nursing Services (AFNS). The people who cannot join the Pak army are as follows:
- The candidate who has been rejected by the General Headquarter twice, cannot apply again to Join Pak Army as Armed Forces Nursing Services (AFNS).
- The candidate who has declared medically unfit by the Appeal Medical Board cannot apply in Pak Army.
- The candidate who has the previous record of involving in any offensive, unofficial or illegal activity by the court.
- The candidates who have resigned or withdrawn from any Armed Forces or declared weak or unsuited can also not apply.
- The candidate who has been dismissed from any government service sector can also not apply in Pak Army.
- The fresh candidates who are already registered from PNC can also not apply.
Read:- ISSB Test
In order to select the candidate, the management of Pak Army has set some processes. After going through with these selection process, and pass each step successfully, the candidate can be selected. The selection process to Join Pak Army as Armed Forces Nursing Services (AFNS) is as follows:
Read Also:- NUST Entry Test
The student has to give the written test that will be based on the Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ’s) from the subjects of Physics, Biology and Chemistry. The candidates who will pass this test, have to go to the nearest AS&RC centres for initial medical tests.
Preliminary Medical Tests
The candidate has to pass the initial medical test from the nearest AS&RC to Join Pak Army as Armed Forces Nursing Services (AFNS).
Read:- Nums Entry Test
- The candidates who will pass the initial medical test, they will get the call-up letters separately for interviews. General Headquarter Selection Board will take the interview. This interview will be held at Lahore, Peshawar, Rawalpindi, Karachi, Multan and Quetta.
- The candidates will get finalized at General Headquarters on the basis of their overall performance.
The selected candidates have to sign the bond before getting training. In accordance with this bond, the selected candidates have to serve Pakistan Army for a minimum of 10 years.
Read:- PMA Long Course
After passing the interview, the fresher BSc Nursing students will get the opportunity to do 4 years training program
- AFPGMI Rawalpindi
- CMH Multan
- CMH Lahore
- CMH Kharian
- CMH Quetta and PNS Shifa Karachi
While the trained nurses will get the basic military training of 6 weeks at
- CMH Kharian
- AFPGMI Rawalpindi.
This training period will be free, and the nurses will also get the stipend on monthly basis.
Designation After Training
After getting the proper training from the trainers, the female students will become lieutenant and serve as Armed Forces Nursing Services (AFNS).