Our Youngsters dream to become doctors and wear Khakhi uniforms at the same time. The only thing that is holding them back is that either they are confused or misguided. Few lack the knowledge about Army Medical college Admission that’s why they miss the golden chance.
Serving people and nations is one of the proudest moments in the doctor’s life. When you study at Army medical college, the nobility grows as well. It is known that the Army of Pakistan ranks among the bravest and well-trained armies of the world. Moreover, the Army medical college ranks among the top medical colleges in Pakistan. Of course, it’s a dream college for most of the students dreaming of serving the nation and people under the Army.
Army Medical College Admission 2022
It is an opportunity to be a part of the Army and a proud moment to wear military attires. But every year, many of the potential youngsters miss the chance. The reason is that they don’t know about the Admission Process or deadlines. Following categories in which the candidate can apply for Army Medical College Admission.
- NUMS Cadet or NC
- Medical Cadet or MC
- Paying Cadet or PC
Read:- PMA Long Course
Firstly, the candidates must evaluate themselves according to the criteria to processed with the admission procedure. Following are the requirements:
- The applicants must be 17 years to 25 years of age.
- The marital status of the applicant must be ‘Unmarried’ when applying
- The applicant must have certification in F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) or Equivalent certification in Biology, Physics, and Chemistry
- The applicants must have 70% marks in both Matriculation and F. Sc or HSSC (Higher Secondary School Certification).
- Candidate should have nationality as Pakistani. Moreover, Gilgit Baltistan and Azad Jammu and Kashmir as well.
Courses Offered by AMC
Army Medical College offers the following programs:
- Under Graduate Programs that is MBBS & BDS
- Post Graduate Programs like FCPS, M.Phil, & PhD
Army Medical College Seats
- MBBS Total Seats: 200
- BDS Total Seats: 50
- Medical Cadets: Free of cost
- NUMS/ Paying Cadets: 220,000 PKR per year
- Foreign Cadets: $12,000 per year
Accommodation Charges All students must pay 3,000 PKR per month as an Accommodation fee.
Read:- Technical Cadet Course
NUMS conducts entry tests in all major cities of Pakistan. However, the result is either send to the candidate through email or by the National press. The test is conducted twice a year through the National Testing Service (NTS). The first test is conducted in August based on the candidate’s 1st year’s result.
The second test is held in September based on the result of the 2nd year. Moreover, a candidate can appear in both tests. Also, they can choose the result with the best score out of the tests to apply.
Whether the candidate is male or female, they can apply through NUMS. The intelligence test is not included in these tests. They don’t have to give any Army test any further as well.
Furthermore, the Paper Pattern and guidelines on filling the answer sheets are available at the NTS website, www.nts.org.pk.
Moreover, NUMS cadets are free to practice after MBBS. Nevertheless, If they want to serve as a Captain Doctor in the Army, they have to apply for Army separately after completion of MBBD or BDS.
Read Also:- NUST Entry Test
Admission Process For NUMS Cadets
After evaluating yourself according to Criteria of Eligibility, the Applicant must follow the following steps
1. Register for NUMS Test
NUMS registration is an online process. Following are the instruction for a successful registration:
- Go to the National Testing Service website nts.org.pk
- Click on the “Registration” for the NUMS Entry Test.
- Carefully fill out the NUMS Form and select a test center from the following options: Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Lahore, Quetta, Multan, Peshawar, Bhawalpur, Karachi, Dera Ismail Khan, and Gwadar
- Click on the registration button.
- A challan of 3,000 PKR will be generated under your name, download it along with your Application form and print it.
- Pay the challan to the nearest HBL bank. Get the Original challan for yourself and NUMS stamped.
- Post the printed application form and the Originally paid challan form (NUMS copy) to “National Testing Service (NUMS Project) Plot 96, Street No. 4, Sector H-8/1, Islamabad”
- Apply for the test at the earliest so that you can post the challan, Application Form, and required documents to NTS on time.
- NTS will not take responsibility for the late receiving of the application.
Once your application is accepted, you will receive a Roll No. slip from NTS or NUMS with the assigned venue, date, and time of the test through Email or SMS.
Read:- How to Join Pak Navy
2. Take the Test
On the day of the test, the candidate must arrive at the venue of the examination an hour before the test starts to avoid any chances of delay.
The candidate must bring the following things on the day of the test:
- Original CNIC or National Identity Smartcard or Official NADRA token slip or NADRA and government stamped “B” Form with Candidate’s picture.
- The printed copy of the admit card or the Roll No. slip.
- Clean Clipboard.
- Two ballpoint pens. Markers, pencils, and pointers are not allowed.
3. The Result
On the next working day, NUMS uploads answers to the test on their website (www.numspk.edu.pk) for self-evaluation.
The result of the test will be displayed in a week on their website or through email. Keep in mind that the Weightage formula for admission is 50% of F. Sc. And 50% of the NUMS test. The candidate with 70% marks in the NUMS entry test is eligible to apply for admission.
4. The Admission Form
The candidate needs to get an admission form from Army Medical College, Rawalpindi, by buying their prospectus (Cost: Rs 3000/-).
Fill out the form carefully. Attach the following attested copies of the following documents:
- Two photographs
- Copy of Matriculation result
- Copy of F. Sc. Or HSSC or A-levels result
- Copy of CNIC or “B” form
Submit the compiled documents to the assigned admission office of the college.
5. Merit List
Keep on checking the merit list on the date they mentioned. Few students wait for the call, but most of the time, miss it. We recommend you check the merit list by yourself. If the candidate’s name appears on the list, he or she should visit the college at the earliest to proceed with the admission process. Afterward, the college will guide the further procedure.
Read:- NUMS Entry Test
The selection procedure for the Medical Cadet Course is almost the same as PMA. As compared to PMA, the preliminary tests are divided into four phases. In summary, the steps are three tests & one interview.
- Intelligence & Written Test
- Physical Test
- Initial Medical Test
Once the candidate has cleared the written test, then he will proceed to the Physical test. After clearing the physical examination, they proceed to medical tests and so soon. Shortlisted candidates will receive a call letter for the interview under the GHQ selection commission. The selection procedure and criteria for BDS are a bit different form of MBBS.
If the Army successfully selects the candidate then GHQ will issue a call letter for the candidate. It will be delivered to the candidate’s address mentioned in the application form.
During the 5 years of MBBS and 4 years of BDS, GHQ will pay 30000 PKR every month. Furthermore, the candidate has to wear the official Khaki uniform, Also he will be called Cadet too.
Few of the cadets are migrated to the following CMH Colleges or Medical Institutions:
- CMH, Multan Institute of Medical Sciences
- Wah Medical College, Wah Cantt
- CMH, Lahore Medical College, and Institute of Dentistry
- Karachi Institute of Medical Sciences
- CHM, Khariyan Medical College
- HITEC Institute of Medical Sciences, Taxila
- CMH, Institute of Medical Sciences Bahawalpur
Each Cadet will complete six months of training at Kakul Academy PMA, after the completion of MBBS and BDS. When a candidate completes the training course, then he will be awarded the rank of “Captain.” Every Candidate must serve for at least 13 years in Army Medical Crops according to the Army Bond.
Females are not allowed to apply as Medical Cadets now. In 2012, Army discontinued the admission of girls as Lady Cadets for MBBS and BDS through the Medical Cadet course.
Paying Cadet seats are dedicated to Army brats only. Civilians are not allowed to apply as Paying Cadets. Although, these seats are available for both Boys and Girls. Paying Cadets will pay their full fees, but half the charges are refunded.
Moreover, It doesn’t matter that the Parents of the Candidate are on which rank. Any candidate with an Army background. The following can be army backgrounds:
- Pakistan Army
- Pakistan Navy
- Pakistan Air force
- Civil Defense Force
- Atomic Energy Commission
They all can apply for Paying Cadet quota, even the children of Retried and Martyred too. Furthermore, the selection of Paying cadets is conducted through the NUMS Entry Test, the same as NUMS Cadets. However, the merit of Paying Cadets is low.
On the selection, Paying Cadets will wear the official Khaki uniform during 5 years of MBBS or 4 years of BDS, also. Then finally, They serve as Captain doctors as well under the Army bond of 3 years of service.
Read:- ISSB Test Guide
The Pakistani Candidate which Dual Nationality can also apply for Army Medical College Admission. Eligibility criteria for the foreigner candidates should have 12 years of education under FBISE Pakistan or the following:
- British Council or British General Certification of Education (A-Levels)
- Cambridge Higher School Certification (Overseas)
- Foreign National High School
- The candidate must qualify in Biology, Chemistry & Physics with cumulative marks of 60%
- If possible, they can apply for the NUMS test as well. If not possible, candidates can apply based on SAT-II. Their subjects must be Biology, Chemistry, and Physics with a minimum score of 550 each. OR they can pass the Foreign MCAT with the aggregation of 500 out of 528 scores or more.
Note:- If a candidate wants to apply for the NUMS test, please follow the instructions in the “Admission process for NUMS Cadets Applicants” in the same way. Otherwise, just apply for admission when admissions are opened.
The candidate should buy Army Medical College’s prospectus to get an admission form. The prospectus costs Rs 3000/-. Fill out the form carefully. Attach the following attested copies of the following documents:
- Two photographs
- Matriculation and F. Sc. Or HSSC result
- CNIC or “B” form
Submit the compiled documents to the assigned admission office of the college. After that, keep on checking the merit list on the date they mentioned. Few students wait for the call but miss it usually.
Therefore, we recommend you check the merit list by yourself. If the candidate’s name appears on the list, he or she should visit the college at the earliest to proceed with the admission process. Afterward, the college will guide further procedures.
Furthermore, note that if Foreign Candidate is applying through NUMS, they will not sign any bond of service with the Army.
Army Medical College Rawalpindi Introduction
Army medical college (AMC) is one of the most renowned medical institutes in Pakistan. The college was established in Rawalpindi in the year 1977. Since then, it has been providing pieces of training to individuals in the medical.
The main purpose of establishing a separate college for army cadets was to train them with discipline. Till 1998, AMC has supported many army cadets to admit themselves to the MBBS program. After 1998, it opened its doors for a bachelor’s in dental surgery (BDS).
In 1977, the army medical college was under Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad. When the bds department was established in the college, then it was affiliated with the National University of Science and Technology (NUST).
Now, the army medical college is under the National University of Medical Sciences (NUMS). Moreover, AMC has achieved the title of being one of Pakistan’s top medical colleges because of the quality education it provides.
The college includes beautiful laboratories, auditoriums, and a library. Lecture halls can accommodate more than 500 students at the same time. The college has many other facilities like the canteen as well.
Moreover, the Army Medical College has given well-trained doctors all around the country. These doctors have a high spirit of service for humanity, medical research, and health.
- Anatomy Department
- Anaesthesia Department
- Biochemistry Department
- Clinical Pathology
- Community Medicine Department
- Dental Materials
- Community & Preventive Dentistry
- Dermatology Department
- Ent Department
- Forensic Medicine Department
- Gynaecology/Obstetrics Department
- Oral Pathology
- Medicine Department
- Operative Dentistry
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Ophthalmology Department
- Pharmacology Department
- Physiology Department
- Orthodontics Oral Medicine
- Oral Biology & Tooth Morphology
- Orthopaedics Department
- Paediatrics Department
- Pathology Department
- Psychiatry Department
- Radiology (Afiri) Department
- Surgery Department
Army Medical College has state-of-the-art buildings. Each department is well-devised and spacious. The College of Physicians and surgeons is considered amongst the best departments currently working in Pakistan. Other than this, all of the departments are well equipped and have large lecture halls.
The college also offers postgraduate training or specialization in different fields of medical studies. Also, the college does not only focus on medical studies but believes in training the students through extra-curricular activities.
Therefore, Army Medical College provides the students with a library, sports grounds, hostels, different societies, and many more.
Army Medical College has a well-stocked library. The library is massive and has spacious halls with sections of different categories. Each section has a vast collection of books and journals. Besides, the library follows a specific timing schedule. Moreover, it is open for both the faculty members and the students.
The library is fully air-conditioned and has heaters in the winter is given to the members as. Also, the library has free wifi facilities and computers for the students to use.
Army Medical College Hostel
The hostels are located within the main campus. The hostels are called seven cadet companies. Furthermore, the boys and the girls both have separate hostels. Room Categories are Tetra-seaters, Tri-Seaters & Bi-seaters.
Moreover, the discipline is strictly followed in the hostels too. The caretaker checks and maintains balances to ensure safety and security. Facilities are provided by Army Medical College, Rawalpindi.
- Residential facilities
- Both indoor and outdoor sports rooms
- Hostel Transportation (for different campuses)
- Medical facilities
- Provision of pick and drop on Weekends
- TV lounge
- Weekly Bazaar trip to meet student’s needs
Procedure For Getting Enrolled in Hostels
The following procedure should be followed by the students who want to enroll in the Hostels.
- Students can ask about the availability of beds and the fees from the students’ section or the admission office.
- If a bed is available, the student will apply to get permission through the admission office.
- After getting permission from the hostels, the students will pay the hostel dues in the Fee & Dues Department.
- The students will also submit the Hostel Form to the Admissions Office with all the required documents. The Admissions Office will forward this form or application to the Hostels.
- After that, the students will be assigned a room by the Hostel Office.
Clubs and Societies
Army Medical College believes that students can do so much more than just study. Therefore, they focus on the students’ skills side by side, as well. They encourage the students to polish their public speaking skills, art skills, debate skills, or any other activity. That’s why they can join the society.
Following are the societies and clubs at the campus:
- Debating and Literary Society
- AURF Society
- Events and Dramatics Society
- Community Service Society
- Arts and Graphics Society
- Amcolian Music Society
- Amcolian Blood Donors Society
Army Medical College conducts many fun fare activities and sports gala in the spring season for their students. So that the students can enjoy themselves except studying. On the contrary, It is like ‘taking a break” to freshen their energy and minds.
Furthermore, the college has a Sports Committee. It plans and organizes competitions for the students. These competitions include swimming, cricket, basketball, table tennis, squash, and card games too.
Moreover, there are indoor gaming rooms as well. Indoor games include mind games, card games, ludo matches, etc. Students enjoy these competitions a lot.
Army Medical College has courts that match international standards. The following are courts available on the campus:
- An indoor badminton court
- A clay court
- A hard court for tennis
- A table-tennis court
The college has a gymnasium also, to encourage physical fitness and bodybuilding too. Also, the college has playgrounds for cricket and football as well. In other words, the college has engaged students in healthy competition and sportsmanship.
In conclusion, college is an ideal choice for students. It is a dream come true for students who enroll in it. It has every imaginable facility and high standards of medical education.
Frequently Asked Questions About Army Medical College Admission
Here are the FAQs About Army Medical College Admission with answers.