Important Note About This Book :
- This book gives a general account of the basic factors affecting agriculture , and application of the available knowledge pertaining the principles of agriculture for its improvement and development .
- General Agriculture is an exhaustive study in the field of
- The book primarily focuses on the course outline of
CSS and PMS examinations.
- In addition, the book will be of much significance to general readers, policy-makers, students of all the disciplines of agriculture and Botany and the candidates appearing for the test/interviews of various agricultural services.
- This book adequately explains the fundamentals of Pakistan’s
agriculture and various issues confronting the sector.
- Yield limiting factors, weeds, pests and diseases of agricultural crops
have been fully explained.
- Modern concepts in nutrient and pest management have also been dilated upon.
- The book also discusses the water scarcity and food insecurity problems.
- The book was reviewed by Dr. Tahir Hussain, ex-Dean, Faculty of
Agriculture, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad.